Wednesday, October 1, 2008
California Week in Review
Last Wednesday afternoon I received a text from Dianna stating that she wanted to drive to California and stay for a few days with her mom. My initial thought was 'no way I can't just pick up and leave right now....we're building a house.' but within five minutes I had changed my mind. So Thursday at 9:30 a.m. Dianna, our 4 kids, and I began our adventure. It took an exhausting 12 hours to reach our destination. Jaxon and Wade had started fighting within the first 20 minutes of our drive and never let up until Wade fell asleep about an hour out of mission viejo. On top of that we had two infants to keep happy. In short, it was a nightmare, but it was worth it. We got to swim in the ocean and I can't even begin to tell you how much I love love love swimming in the ocean. Among the other things we got to do on our trip:
--Went to Knottsberry Farm Haunting (without the kids) until 2 am followed by Dianna puking in someones flower bed.
--Rode a giant helium balloon
--Longboarded
--Spent a day at disneyland for free!
--Drove all night(guzzling energy drinks) to get home and save ourselves from dealing with the kids, who slept the whole way.
All In all, it was a super fun trip and I miss the ocean already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How freakin' fun does that look?! Even with the wee ones! ;) Last minute trips are hectic, but the best, I think. It's that kind of stuff that keeps you going... looks like you had fun, I wish I was at the ocean also! Marabelle looks like you, by the way! Cute pics!!
That is awesome! I am so glad you guys went what memories it looks like a blast! We all seriously need to get together!! Banning works pretty much everyday and I am sure Josh does to but lets figure something out...
Yea. I love road trips. Isn't the beach lovely? That is one of things that we really like living down here in the south. Only and hour away!! You guys look like you had your hands full but had a great time too. I love Disneyland. Remember when you went with your dance class and came home with the picture of the hot black guy? :) Oh, memories.
That sounds like so much fun (minus the kids in the car) Glad you had fun
Post a Comment