Jaxon turned 6 and had a party at Pirate Island

a few days later I stabbed my own hand with a knife
Here's what happened:
On Sunday, I made some ultra-yummy brownies for dessert. Monday morning, these same brownies had become ultra-stuck to the pan. Well, not being able to efficiently get them out with a spatula, I decided to try a very sharp knife (a very stupid decision in hindsight). While holding one end of the pan I began jabbing the knife under the brownies and directly toward my own hand (breaking the number one rule of knife safety). Well, it didn't take long for the knife to slip up and stab me right in the palm of my hand. My reflexes were pretty quick, but I knew the damage was bad when blood started shooting all over my kitchen! I quickly grabbed a rag and put pressure on it, but that thing just would not stop bleeding. Feeling like I was going to pass out from the sight of so much blood, I called Josh, who then called our very good friend, Chris, to come and get me. Surprisingly, Jaxon remained very calm and even said, "Mom, I know it's going to be okay because I just said 2 prayers for you" (Isn't that the sweetest thing you've ever heard?) Chris arrived quickly, got my kids ready, and drove us to the instacare. My hand was still bleeding profusely and I got blood on the receptionist's desk as I tried to sign my credit card receipt. Josh left work and met us there. The doctor stitched me up pretty quickly and sent me on my way, but not without teasing me a bit first. I definitely deserve a little teasing after doing something so idiotic! All is well now, other than most of my hand is extremely bruised and a bit swollen.
3 comments:
6 I can't believe it! And sorry to laugh but that's funny and sad all at the same time, so sweet of Jaxon to say prayers for you....
OUCH! Sorry about your hand. That sounds awful. Jaxon is way too cute though:)
i felt your pain all the way to my toes! Ouch! ps. i'm suffering from m-belle withdrawals:(
Post a Comment