Thursday, August 20, 2009

And Now...Some Bad News

As a lot of you know, we bought a BRAND NEW Subaru Forester less than a month ago. We traded in our 99 chevy blazer for the cash for clunkers program. I must say, it's been wonderful driving a car that's engine doesn't smoke, the ac works, the driver side window rolls up, the hatch door doesn't fall off when you open it, and you don't have to pound yourself against the driver side door to get out. It has been a dream come true.That dream was short lived


A timeline of yesterdays events:


7:00 am- I enlist Josh to take over all my duties for the day, (the flu virus is wreaking havoc on my body). I take some sleeping pills and retire to my homemade bean bag upstairs.

8:00 am- Sleeping pills kick in and I am out.

8:50 am-Josh drops Jaxon off at preschool

9:45 am-Josh picks up our new license plates for our brand new car.

10:30 am- Josh arrives home, pulls the car into the garage, leaves it in neutral, does not put on the parking brake, and leaves the garage door open(do you see where this is going?) I am still off in wonderful dreamland.

11:10 am-It's time to pick up Jaxon from preschool. Josh goes out to the garage, but to his surprise...no car!!! panic sets in. Then he spots it (did I mention it is brand new?) just sitting in our neighbor's yard. At first appearance, there is no damage. So, a frantic Josh starts it and pulls out. That's when it gets ugly...the screeching and scraping of medal. The car was on top of a pole, but josh hadn't noticed. Oh my poor car, it's a little traumatic for me to talk about.

11:20 am- Josh picks up Jaxon from preschool

11:30 am- I awake from my slumber feeling much better. I come downstairs, Jaxon is playing with a friend, Marabelle is sleeping, and Josh is getting a drink in the kitchen. Everything was normal. Then an awkward laugh from Josh followed by, "guess what I did?" He then explains the chain of events and I run out to the garage to see my poor car. The whole back bumper and hatch door are completely jacked up. I want to cry, but I remind myself it is just a car and I'm grateful no little kids were run over as it made is way down our driveway, across the street, and into the neighbor's yard.

1:30 pm- Josh drops the car off at the autobody shop. They call us a little later to inform us the repair estimate is over $3,000 . Luckily, we will only pay $500 of that and the insurance will pick up the rest.

I blame it on Josh's preocupation with his precious buck that he killed. His brain is not functioning as well as it usually does. So, now, after all the praise and compliments of the last few days, I say it's time to make fun of him a little.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the awkward laugh part, I was kind of able to picture it even though I don't know what your kitchen looks like.

Kim

Jay and Ang said...

WOW-I don't even know what else to say to that. I guess I am also glad that nobody was hurt.

Chaotic Monarchy said...

oh Alicia at least you can have a positive attitude about it. Hopefully the shop will be snappy about it. Tell Josh I still think his deer is cool.

Hadley's said...

I am so glad you are all ok!! I am sorry to hear about the car!! Good thing you only have to pay 500!

Jaime Stephens said...

That is sad and a little funny....I will have to tell Banning this so he can call and give josh some crap... Love your new car though very cute

Randi said...

Oh No!!!!! I'm so sorry that just sucks. We just got a brand new car doing the same thing I think I'd have a heart attack! At least you can laugh about it.