Friday, July 31, 2009

adding some color to my life

It's been a lot of fun to start painting my new house. I did Jaxon's room a few months ago and I just finished Marabelle's today. Now I just need to borrow some of Kiley's Martha Stewart skills and figure out how to arrange furniture and hang things on the wall. I've been married 7 years and have next to zero house decorations. We've usually lived in small quarters and home decor has not really been a priority. But, now we live in a normal sized home with vaulted ceilings and it feels a bit empty. I'm going to keep painting room by room, because I need COLOR I love color. But, can I get some advice on decorating from all my crafty friends out there. I really suck at it. Please help me!!!


Marabelle's Room


Jaxon's Room

5 comments:

Jay and Ang said...

I love it! Their rooms look great Alicia!

Chaotic Monarchy said...

It is soooo freaking cute!!!! Swayz wants to move in now! I think you do an awesome job, but I'm always game for spending someone else's money.

The Browns said...

Wow. I wish I had that much creativity in painting. Wish I could help, but uh...I have the same problem with decor.

The Clarks said...

Alicia that is way cute. I love it.

Anonymous said...

LOVE them! My advice to you is this: as an avid yard sale goer, I found it the cheapest, easiest, most adverse way to find home decor. I mean, wall hangings for 1.00? Does it get any cheaper than that? And let me tell you, there are some DANG cute things to be found out there.. all kinds too- little girls, boys, kitchens, living rooms, bathrooms.. you name it- you'll find it. Just go every Saturday, hop yard sale to yard sale, until you find all you can for that day, then go out again next week! I'M SO SERIOUS!