Saturday, May 30, 2009

Welcome to Miami, Bienvenido a Miami

Florida, Florida I love Florida. My best bud Dianna and I just spent a week in this wonderful place. Everywhere we went, I could not stop saying, "I love Florida." It was like that episode of 30 rock(for those of you who watch that totally awesome show) when Liz Lemon goes to visit her boyfriend in cleveland and everything there seems perfect.

Some of our adventures:

1) taking an airboat tour of the Florida Everglades. It was beautiful, full of alligators, and totally hill billy. Our tour guide was missing teeth and kept yelling, "gator biter!" in a stong southern accent. We felt like we were in the movie "Water Boy." It was sweet.

2)Driving our sweet rental car all the way down to the Florida Keys to snorkel. We saw tons of tropical fish and three huge sting rays. they literally were the size of us. I was so excited when I saw the first one that I began swimming as fast as I could towards it. Then I envisioned Steve Irwin's Death and realized maybe I didn't want to get so close to it.

3) Visiting South Beach, Miami on two different days. this was by far my favorite place. I don't know if it was the feeling that I just walked into a rap video or the numerous topless ladies.... no it must have been the beautiful turquoise water and the white sand beach. The rest of the trip, I could not stop singing the Will Smith song, "Welcome to Miami" even though I didn't know the real words until I looked them up to name this post.

4)Riding a Jet ski out to Peanut Island with Dianna's Dad. Afterwards we gorged ourselves on grits and eggs at this cool little hometown diner. mmmm I couldn't stop thinking about those grits so I bought me some instant ones at walmart yesterday.

5) We ended our trip by visiting a little place called inksters. You figure that one out.

2 comments:

Chaotic Monarchy said...

SHUT UP!! You did not get a TAT!!! I am sooo jealous! Did you bring me back one of those dead gator heads? I really think it would look great in my living room.

{Jamey} said...

fun vacation! what a beautiful place!