Thursday, March 5, 2009

Jaxon the Menace



With Wade and Marabelle as his sidekicks

Friday, February 27: Dianna and I suddenly realize that there is complete silence upstairs in the playroom, where Jaxon and Wade are playing. We walk slowly up the stairs, wondering what we will find....the water is running(not a good sign). I open the bathroom door and find the floor and counter glitterized. They had splashed water all over and then dumped massive amounts of glitter into it. To top it off they had put those craft sticky eyes all over the cabinet. I say, "What are you doing?!!!" and their reply, "We are making it beautiful in here." I don't think the glitter will ever come out of the grout.

Saturday, February 28: Jason and Kiley come for a visit, along with Kooper and Swayzie. Just as Kiley is telling me that Swayzie had taken a sharpie to their kitchen table, Kooper appears and states, "Jaxon colored on the Door." I make my way up to the playroom and find Jaxon with a blue Sharpie in hand, and a bathroom door with swirls of permanent marker covering it. It went nicely with the glittery bathroom floor.

Tuesday, March 3: I sit Jaxon and Marabelle down on the couch and turn on a movie. I feel it is safe to run into my bathroom and brush my teeth. Boy, was I wrong. I walk out of my room and notice a large pile of blue sprinkles on
Jaxon's blanket. I make my way into the kitchen and notice a rainbow of sprinkles all over the kitchen floor(I'm talking entire bottles that have been dumped). No sign of Jaxon or Marabelle. I think, "Where are they?" and then a few little giggles come from behind the pantry door. Do I dare look behind it? I have to. Marabelle is sitting in another huge pile of sprinkles shoving them in her mouth, While Jaxon is pouring more sprinkles onto her head and the floor. What fun it was to clean up that mess.

Thursday, March 5:
I give my kids their afternoon snack, and run upstairs for a couple minutes of facebook time. I come back down and hear Marabelle laughing hysterically. It makes me smile. I see the kitchen, smile gone. Water is covering the floor(a lot of water).Marabelle is splashing a puddle of water on the table.
Jaxon is filling up another cup. Marabelle is drenched from head top toe. Once again I ask, actually scream, "What are you doing?!!!!" Jaxon's reply, "Marabelle likes it."

Dear Josh,


Please somehow get home now.
I need you.

11 comments:

Hadley's said...

I feel your pain!! Koleman is now 5 and STILL does stuff like this!!!

Leavitt's said...

Somedays it's great to be a mom!! I love that kind of stuff

Jaime Stephens said...

hahah bless your heart.. The joys of motherhood or something like that :-)

Chaotic Monarchy said...

Maybe Jaxon could come "glitterize" my house too! I hope you weren't to mad that you forgot to take a pix. I love this post.

Anonymous said...

FYI: aerosol(?) hairspray will take the sharpe off, white toothpaste is handy too :) the hairspray is best tho.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is SOOOOOO funny!

Jay and Ang said...

That is freaking hilarious! Ah..don't sweat it, it's good for ya...coming from somebody who doesn't have any kids yet he he.

Christensens said...

Wow, he is a creative little dude. At least your house isn't brand new. Oh wait....

The Clarks said...

HaHa Lol that is so funny i can just picture it happening in my mind!! You should put some pictures on your blog of it if you have any!! Tell everyone I said HI and give them all hugs and kisses 4 me Love Sadie

The Browns said...

Me and Zach think that picture of Jaxon makes him look like he just got hit in the head with a 2X4. We think its hilarious!

Hiedi said...

oh, that's so crazy! and I thought it was bad dealing with Mavis's dramatics. she's never done stuff like that though (although she has had a few haircuts by the neighbor kids). you've got to be exhausted. i'm glad marabelle just laughs through it all. at least she's not getting clobbered and doesn't seem to mind the water. :0